ASVIL GYPSUM PLASTER WITH PERLITE: Ready-to-use gypsum plaster whose heat and sound insulation characteristics have been increased and applied easily in brick, tile, beams, block, gas concrete, concrete and gross concrete type and in entire equivalent surfaces.
Preparation of Application Surface
• The application surface must be cleaned of dust and substances preventing adherence prior to application.
• The fair-faced concrete and gas concrete must be moisturized with water particularly when the ambient temperature is high.
• Any deep cracks or holes in the application surface should be filled prior to plastering.
• The application area should be kept away from wind and ventilation.
Preparation of The Mortar
• The mortar must be prepared in a clean container with smooth surfaces.
• 6 – 6,5 lt. water is added to 10 kg ASVIL Gypsum Plaster With Perlite. • First put water in a clean container then sprinkle Gypsum Plaster With Perlite until it covers the water surface.
• Wait two minutes for absorbation process and mix with plastering trowel or hand mixer until a homogeneous mixture is achieved.
• Do not add any water or plaster to the mortar after mixing. Otherwise lumps appear in the mix.
Method of Application
• Aluminum screed rail is used for the surface smoothness and determination of plaster thickness.
• The plaster should be levelled using a straight edge.
• The thickness of the plaster layer must be minimum 5 mm and maximum 2.5 cm. If a second layer of plaster is required, application must be made after previous layer is fully cured.
• The surface should be cleaned with cleaning agents.
• Mortar application on the wall could be done by steel trowel. Scrape off the residues after they set.
• The mortar in the bowl can be used for approximately 1 hour and for the application, use plaster trowel and steel spatula.
• The polishing process is conducted by ASVIL Gypsum Plaster With Perlite in order to give the final shape to the plaster for painting purpose.
• Appropriate plaster mesh should be used at joints.
• Ambient and surface temperature during application should be minimum +5 °C and max. +35 °C • Never mix ASVIL Gypsum Plaster With Perlite with any other product or material.
• Do not use any heating systems at the application area. lnstead provide good ventilation.
• The plaster surfaces must be protected from wind in order to avoid rapid drying.
• The metal surfaces must definitely be protected against rusting.
• The application on the ceiling must be as tine as possible.
• Bags must be stored in dry places and should not be stacked in more than 18 layers.
• Direct contact with ground and moisture should be avoided.
• Use ASVIL Gypsum Plaster With Perlite within 3 months after production date. Overlong storage may deteriorate the physical properties of it.