ASVIL PLASTER OF PARIS: it is gypsum plaster forming a smooth surface with surface hardness, high strength and used in construction of decorative materials such as Plaster of Paris, central point, wall lamp and door jambs.
Preparation of Application Surface
• it is a decorative construction gypsum product for aesthetic purposes such as carton Pierre, cornices, curtain board, column elements, ceiling floor etc.
• The application surface must be cleaned of dust and substances preventing adherence prior to application.
• Special grain-size distribution yields hard and smooth cast surfaces.
• it is suitable for mould production in ceramic industry.
• it could easily be applied where construction plaster is applied.
Preparation of The Mortar
• The mortar must be prepared in a clean container with smooth surfaces. The container must be free of any remains of previous applications.
• 7 .O lt. water is added to 1O kg ASVIL Plaster of Paris.
• Put waterf firstly in a clean container then sprinkle ASVIL Plaster of Paris until it covers the water surface.
• Wait a few minutes for submerging of surface plaster and mix with a plastering trowel or mechanical mixer working at low speed until a homogeneous mixture is achieved.
• Do not add any water or plaster to the mortar after mixing. Otherwise lumps appear in the mix.
• The mortar can be used for approximately 30 minutes.
Method of Application
• The mould should be oiled to ensure easy removal of the product out of the mould (use only mould oil).
• Reinforcement could be increased by hemp or synthetic fiber during carton Pierre casting.
• The product must be kept at ambient temperature for complete drying in order to avoid any fracture or cracks during application.
• Do not add any water or plaster to the mortar after mixing.
• Bags must be stored in dry places and should not be stacked in more than 18 layers.
• Direct contact with ground and moisture should be avoided.
• Use ASVIL Plaster of Paris within 3 months after production date. Over-long storage may deteriorate the physical properties of it